birding-aus

House swap request

To: <>
Subject: House swap request
From: "Ken Cross" <>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2014 13:13:04 +1000
Hello all,

My name is Ken Cross and I am a keen naturalist / birder and I'm in the
process of planning my Xmas break and my preference is to go somewhere new
which has the possibility of new and interesting fauna. I am hoping that
someone, preferably in Melbourne or southern Victoria, Sydney or Tasmania,
would like to swap homes and perhaps a car for a 3 -4 week period over the
Xmas school holidays.

My house is located in south east Queensland on the Sunshine Coast
hinterland, some 100km from Brisbane airport and about 25km to Maroochydore
beach. Adjacent to my home is Mapleton National Park, an excellent area for
birding. Highlights include Satin and Regent Bowerbirds, Yellow tailed Black
Cockatoos, Golden Whistlers etc etc. On my half acre we have a list of just
over 100 species. I have a Marbled Frogmouth site about 2 km away. The
entire area of south east Queensland and a great variety of birding
possibilities are within easy reach.

My home is quite big; 4 bedrooms, 3 lounge rooms, 2 bathrooms and study. My
car is a Holden Captiva. Lastly [and not without real significance] I am
married with three children which partly explains my desire to explore
economical travel options!

I have a good natural history library and I would be willing to leave
detailed notes, contacts etc to assist 'you' [whoever you might be] in
making the most of your SE Queensland birding holiday.

Please respond to me directly if you may be interested.

Cheers for now,

Ken Cross
1 Daymar Road
Mapleton Queensland