birding-aus

Capertee+Deniliquin (and Dubai) trip reports

Subject: Capertee+Deniliquin (and Dubai) trip reports
From: Ian Reid <>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 09:35:35 +0930
Hi all,

last December I did some birding in the Capertee Valley and then on a drive from Sydney back to Adelaide. I had lots of help from people on birding-aus, thanks!! Highlights were Regent Honeyeaters near Tambo in the Capertee Valley, and Plains Wanderer, Inland Dotterel, Pratincole, Little Curlew and Painted Honeyeater near Deniliquin, and Mallee Emu-wren and Malleefowl at Hattah. I finally finished a report of that trip and have put it on my website http://cs.adelaide.edu.au/~ianr/Birding/. It's a bit verbose, sorry. The direct link to the pdf is:

http://cs.adelaide.edu.au/~ianr/Birding/Reports/capertee_2013.pdf

I also realised (as a result of an enquiry from Peter Waanders) that there may be particular Australian interest in my report of a one-night stopover in Dubai last August, on the basis that many Australians travelling to Europe these days will pass through Dubai.

Direct link for that report is at:

http://cs.adelaide.edu.au/~ianr/Birding/Reports/UAEreport_2013.pdf

Cheers, Ian

--