birding-aus

A study of the conservation benefits of indigenous Australian land manag

To: Denise Goodfellow <>, john weigel <>
Subject: A study of the conservation benefits of indigenous Australian land manag
From: martin cachard <>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 14:27:28 +1030
thanx Denise & John W,

in my earlier post, all I was alluding to was that there are traditional
indigenous burning practices (or mosaic-type) burns, & then there are other
burning practices which are the ones that have been a disaster in many parts of
the country, including within Kakadu NP.

as others have pointed out very clearly on this thread since my comment, it is
plainly obvious to anyone having seen Kakadu recently that it is not being
burned using traditional indigenous practices, as Denise has just pointed out -
that's the disgrace I mentioned!!

cheers, martin cachard