birding-aus

History of ornithology of Pacific Islands and Timor (pre 1820)

Subject: History of ornithology of Pacific Islands and Timor (pre 1820)
From: Justin Jansen <>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2014 11:22:44 +0200
Dear all,

As Australian birders are well informed on Samoa, Tonga, Tuvalo, Gilbert
Islands, Marshall Islands, Mariana Islands, Austral Islands, Tuamoto Archipel,
Marquesas and Norfolk Island, Tahiti, Fiji, New Caledonia I think this is the
best place to ask this question. In what papers or books can I find the
ornithological history of these places up to roughly 1820? I only find very few
works that cover ornithological exploration of these parts of the world.  I’m
also looking for a source/paper that covers the Natural History of Timor.

Any publications covering these subjects would help enormously. Please reply
privately

Thank you very much,

Justin Jansen

The Netherlands