birding-aus

More hybrids - corellas this time

To: Philip Veerman <>, "'Simon Robinson'" <>
Subject: More hybrids - corellas this time
From: Nikolas Haass <>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 08:20:16 +0000
Hi all,

According to E.M. McCarthy¹s Handbook of Avian Hybrids (2006, OUP), the
following combinations with Little Corella occur (except for x sulphurea
apparently all in the wild):
Cacatua sanguinea [Little Corella]
x galerita [Sulphur-crested C.]
x leadbeateri [Major Mitchell¹s C.]
x pastinator [Western C.]
x roseicapillus [Galah]
x sulphurea [Lesser Sulphur-crested C.]
x tenuirostris [Long-billed C.]
x Callocephalon fimbriatum [Gang-gang C.]

Nikolas

A/Prof Nikolas Haass | Head, Experimental Melanoma Therapy Group

The University of Queensland Diamantina Institute
Level 6 | Translational Research Institute | 37 Kent Street |
Woolloongabba QLD 4102

T: +61 (0)7 3443 7087 | M: +61 (0)424 603 579
F: +61 (0)7 3443 6966
E:   | W: www.di.uq.edu.au <http://www.di.uq.edu.au/>

 <http://www.di.uq.edu.au/>
...Turning scientific discoveries into better treatmentsŠ

CRICOS Code 00025B

This email is intended solely for the addressee. It may contain private or
confidential information. If you are not the intended addressee, you must
take no action based on it, nor show a copy to anyone. Kindly notify the
sender by reply email. Opinions and information in this email which do not
relate to the official business of The University of Queensland shall be
understood as neither given nor endorsed by the University