birding-aus

Re National Parks

To: Eric Jeffrey <>
Subject: Re National Parks
From: Dave Torr <>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2014 10:33:07 +1100
Having visited many parks in both the US and here it seems that the level
of money spent on parks in the US is much greater than here - in part I
suspect because most US parks charge admission which is not the case in
many areas of Aus - and the money seems to get spent. Rangers are fairly
common in the US - try finding one in most Australian parks!
Of course commercial development is allowed in many US parks which is not
allowed in Aus - but in most cases it seems that the area affected is
relatively small and if it allows for money to be spent on the rest of the
park I do not have a problem with the concept