birding-aus

Places available on BirdLife Bayside trip to Mud Islands, Port Phillip B

To: <>
Subject: Places available on BirdLife Bayside trip to Mud Islands, Port Phillip Bay Saturday 22 February
From: "Tania Ireton" <>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 08:58:25 +1100
I have a few places still available on the BirdLife Bayside trip to Mud
Islands this Saturday, 22 February.  Initial information is below, more
detailed instructions will be provided.

Meet at the Sorrento Pier (Melway map 157 C 7) at 8.30 am.  We are being
picked up around 9 am and will be dropped off again about 4 pm.  People will
need to be prepared to wade into Mud Islands from the boat, but it is rarely
more than knee-deep.  Bring lunch, sunscreen, insect repellent (march flies)
and shoes for wading as Mud Islands is actually two sand islands and we will
be wading between them.  If the wind is too strong for the trip to proceed,
we will visit an alternate birding location on the Mornington Peninsula.
There is all-day parking adjacent to the pier at $1 per hour.

NOTE: THE TRIP WILL ***NOT*** BE CANCELLED FOR TOTAL FIREBAN.

Cost $45 for adults, $35 for children under 14 years.  Maximum 39 people.

Bookings : Tania on 0433 015 282 or email

Regards,

Tania

Tania Ireton

President BirdLife Bayside