birding-aus

WTP and Permits

To: "Arthur & Denise Carew" <>
Subject: WTP and Permits
From: Russell Woodford <>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 22:17:20 +1100
Can I reinforce Arthur's comments by saying how easy Melbourne Water have
made it to advise them of Western Treatment Plant birding visits?

In the old days we needed to ring during office hours, but now there is a
message service, and you can ring and leave your details as you pull up in
front of one of the gates. I do this most times I visit - often just for a
quick half hour in one spot on the way home from work.

It's vitally important that we comply with regulations because it would be
terrible to lose access to this remarkable site.

By the way, there were fantastic birds near the Western Lagoons today. I
didn't have time to go in, but just drove along 29 Mile Road. In a 15
minute period I saw Spotted Harrier, Swamp Harrier, Australian Hobby,
Stubble Quail (flying across 29 Mile Road), Cape Barren Geese and Little
Egret. On Beach Road there were Banded Lapwing near the dam and Fairy
Martins everywhere. A wonderful way to start the day!

Russell Woodford