birding-aus

Fwd: Birdline Cocos Keeling Islands Weekly Update

To: Birding-aus <>
Subject: Fwd: Birdline Cocos Keeling Islands Weekly Update
From: Peter Shute <>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 05:46:02 +1100
This is a new one that'll be included with the weekly batch.

Peter Shute

Sent from my iPad

Begin forwarded message:

From: "<>"
<<>>
Date: 13 January 2014 4:01:26 am AEDT
To: "<>"
<<>>
Subject: Birdline Cocos Keeling Islands Weekly Update

Birdline Cocos Keeling Islands

Published sightings for the week ending 12 Jan 2014.

Mon 30 Dec      Bulwer's Petrel West Island
The managers of Cocos Village Bungalows were sat on their verandah at 7.30 pm
on 30.12.13 when they decided to pop inside and top up their drinks. A few
minutes later they were back outside and found this little petrel sitting there
exhausted.. He must have seen their light and flown to it from the ocean. They
gave me a ring and I went round to collect him for a rest on our verandah in a
box overnight. Whilst in the box he liked to bury his head in the towel we put
in there. Next morning we took him to Horsburgh Island because we didn't want
to leave him by himself while we were out for the day.I put him in the sea once
we arrived on Horsburgh thinking he would like a drink. His little legs started
to paddle and whoosh! off he went. into the atoll, flying just above the water.
Pam Jones

Birdline Cocos Keeling Islands is hosted by Eremaea
Birds<http://www.eremaea.com>.