birding-aus

Shy Albatross x 2 on offer

To: John Harris <>
Subject: Shy Albatross x 2 on offer
From: Allan Richardson <>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 12:17:27 +1100
Hi Barbara,

John is correct, so be very careful how you proceed with the possession of
these birds or taking any birds into your possession in the future.

However I think you've done the right thing in alerting a forum that has
members with the sort of qualifications that John mentions and data from
deceased individuals can give valuable information about bird movements in some
cases.

Shy albatross records and measurements in particular, due to recent taxonomic
changes, could be of great interest to the seabird scientific fraternity at the
moment.

You might contact SOSSA directly perhaps (internet will give contact details)
or the Australian Museum to find out how these birds might be documented and
disposed of correctly.

Kind regards,

Allan Richardson
Morisset NSW