birding-aus

Blatant endorsements: Swaro and P & K App

To: "" <>
Subject: Blatant endorsements: Swaro and P & K App
From: John Weigel <>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2013 07:52:40 +1100
My long-suffering maltreated Swarovski EL binoculars were bumped out of column
when dropped a while back. I contacted the Sydney agent, who asked that I send
them in for a look. From there they were shipped to Austria for repairs. Four
weeks later, the binocs were returned, without bill, in immaculate condition.
Apart from being in perfect realignment, the heavily worn green exterior (DEET
repellent eats that stuff up) had been replaced, the indentation on front
‘brow’ gone, and there is as-new fluidity in the focus wheel action. I love
those guys.

The Pizzey and Knight field guide app for Australian birds is wonderful! Sure,
‘Mark 1’ will attract plenty of suggestions for improvements for future updates
(I have a couple), but then, most innovative processes work that way – and part
of the process is that innovators in the digital communications age soon learn
about the value of having thick skin. Nevertheless, this app is already a
fantastic tool – and really fun to use - you'd be a mug to not give it a try. A
nifty prospective last-minute Chrissy present?
Merry Christmas tomorrow everyone.

John W