birding-aus

Latest Christmas Island sightings

Subject: Latest Christmas Island sightings
From: Richard Baxter <>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 20:04:43 -0800 (PST)
Hello all,
             We've just completed five days on Christmas Island as part of the
annual Birding Tours Australia visits to the island.  Over five days we've seen
all the endemics as well as
five vagrants.  The island is still very dry with no sign of the wet season
arriving any time soon.  Today we're flying to Cocos for seven days.

The five vagrants were:

1) Grey Wagtail
2) Asian Koel
3) Yellow Wagtail
4) Yellow Bittern
5) Savanna Nightjar

I'll provide a full trip report in mid Dec.

The next tour to the islands is 4-15 March 2014.

Cheers
Richard Baxter
Birding Tours Australia