birding-aus

Pizzey & Knight Digital Edition review

To: Russell Woodford <>
Subject: Pizzey & Knight Digital Edition review
From: Alastair Smith <>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 07:41:42 +1100
While I have not seen the app and so I cannot comment on its utility, the
question I would ask whether it twice as good as Morcombe (i.e. $70 v $36)? As
someone who currently uses Morcombe as a field guide and Birdlog ANZ for
recording my sightings in the field, I would also question whether we need all
the additional info that the P&K app provides, in one app. For example, while
hotspots is nice to have, more up-to-date information on birding hotspots is
freely available on Eremaea and eBird.

For the very high price the developers are asking, I suggest they need to
provide a free LITE version so people can have a look what is on offer as is
the case with the Sibley app in the US.

Regards
Alastair

BIRDLINE ACT

Please report all interesting sightings of birds in the ACT to
www.eremaea.com/birdlinerecentsightings.aspx?birdline=11