birding-aus

SYDNEY PELAGIC TRIP REPORT - NOVEMBER 10, 2013

To: Roger McGovern <>, 'Sonja Ross' <>, 'Mick Roderick' <>
Subject: SYDNEY PELAGIC TRIP REPORT - NOVEMBER 10, 2013
From: Nikolas Haass <>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 21:54:30 -0800 (PST)
Hi Roger,

I agree, I would not call it a 'given' either and certainly greater scientific
evidence would be needed. However, it is interesting and somewhat suggestive
(but not a proof) that these pristine-plumaged and dark-headed juveniles show
up from August - at a time point when steadi leave their nests and start to
wander around. Apparently, that late in the year, juvenile cautaalready look
paler-headed and their plumage is not as pristine anymore. But again, greater
scientific evidence would be very welcome!

Cheers,

Nikolas

Nikolas Haass

Brisbane, QLD