birding-aus

Night Parrot debate

To: Matthew Rodgers <>
Subject: Night Parrot debate
From: Peter Shute <>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2013 10:25:29 +1100
Is anyone in that forum still considering that the entire photo might be
"contrived"? I thought most people still believed the photo was of a living
Night Parrot, but that it had been altered for some reason. I'd say portions
have been "touched up", rather than "faked".

As far as I'm concerned, unless someone can show more altered areas, I still
accept the photo as proof the bird was seen, but I'm uncomfortable with an
altered image. I'd like to see the original, and I'd like to know how an
altered image made its way onto a magazine cover without the changes being
mentioned.

Does anyone who attended the presentation in Brisbane recall seeing anything in
the photos that were shown that might have warranted touching up? If those were
all altered too then surely the video showed something?

Peter Shute

Sent from my iPad