birding-aus

Birding Guides Feature Added to Birdpedia

To: "" <>
Subject: Birding Guides Feature Added to Birdpedia
From: Martyn Price <>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:41:59 +0930
Hi All,

Just wanted to let users of Birding-aus know that a Birding Guides Feature has
been added to Birdpedia. Hearing that BirdingPal is now charging users for
certain types of access I thought adding such a feature to Birdpedia might be
useful.

Members can now indicate if they are offering their services as a Birding Guide.

Simply Login, go to your Personal page, and look for the 'My Birding Guide
Details' link and complete the requested information. Each guide is Country
specific so if you feel comfortable acting as a guide in several countries you
will need to set up your details in each.

We have decided to allow members that do guiding in a commercial manner to also
advertise themselves. These professional guides will be indicated so users can
filter them out if they wish.

It is assumed that non-professional guides will not be paid for their services,
but perhaps may expect offers to partially pay towards fuel costs, etc.

Initial contact is by email only. Your email address will not be disclosed to
the user of the service as emails are sent via our internal messaging service.

This is a FREE service so please make the most of it and do not abuse it. You
can access a list of registered Birding Guides using the link in the left menu
('Birding Guides List').

To register yourself on Birdpedia (registration is FREE) go to
www.birdpedia.com<http://www.birdpedia.com> and select your Country of interest
from the dropdown or enter the ISO Country Code (AU for Australia) in the box
at the top left. Registration gives you complete access to all Countries that
Birdpedia covers (currently more than 230).

As always any comments or suggestions for inclusion of new features are always
welcome.

Regards,

Martyn

Birdpedia.com