birding-aus

the fire hazard reduction program

To: 'John Leonard' <>, Birding-aus <>
Subject: the fire hazard reduction program
From: Peter Shute <>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 11:15:34 +1000
I would have thought that the reason we can't maintain the same level of
burning as pre 1788 is that these days so much more effort has to go into
controlling them to avoid property damage. I assume that care was taken to
choose the right weather conditions, and then the fires were just left to burn
themselves out.

Peter Shute