birding-aus

Bronzewings in Ivanhoe, Vic

Subject: Bronzewings in Ivanhoe, Vic
From: brian fleming <>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2013 18:24:30 +1000
There is a wide grassy reserve beside the Boulevard in Ivanhoe (Melbourne), planted with cypresses and other trees. I often see Spotted Doves and Crested Pigeons feeding there, but today at midday I was surprised to notice four Common Bronzewings on the grass - looking absolutely enormous compared to a Spotted Dove. This was by the Redesdale Rd intersection. These days Common Bronzewings are often seen in nearby Wilson Reserve, but I did not expect them in such suburban surroundings.

Anthea Fleming