birding-aus

Grey Teal no longer an accepted common name?

Subject: Grey Teal no longer an accepted common name?
From: "Jenny Stiles" <>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 12:07:25 +1000

Hi Bob,
It depends on the setting you are using. It shows Grey Teal for me.
From Jenny Stiles

-----Original Message----- From: John Tongue
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2013 11:47 AM
To: Robert Inglis
Cc: Birding-Aus

Probably "Gray Teal"?  They often use American spelling.

John Tongue
Ulverstone, Tas.

On 10/06/2013, at 8:59 AM, Robert Inglis wrote:

I note that Eremaea does not recognise Grey Teal as a common name for Anas gracilis.
Does anyone else find this at least a little odd?

Bob Inglis
Sandstone Point
Qld