birding-aus

Bait-fishing Striated Heron (Butorides striata) in the World?

Subject: Bait-fishing Striated Heron (Butorides striata) in the World?
From: "michel.reglade" <>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 19:05:17 +0200 (CEST)
Hi,

I'm a french ornithologist.
Since october 2012, I began a collection of all observed and reported cases of
this behavior:
Green and Striated Heron fishing with bait.
For an example, see this link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntOmfO_sHjQ

For the moment, I found a lot of interesting cases but not everywhere.
In particular, no case in Russia, in Indonesia, only one case in India or in
China and very few cases in Arabia, in Africa or in Australia...
My purpose is to realize a world map of this behavior for Butoroides sp. since
the first description in 1958,
in order to get a better picture of frequency and to discuss origin and other
aspects in a future paper.

Have some of you personnaly observed such a behavior elsewhere in the World for
Striated Heron
(or elsewhere for one or the other species of herons in the World, or any other
species of bird)?
If yes, could you get in touch with me in private?

Thank you by advance for your help.
Best regards,

Michel Antoine Réglade
(Toulouse, France).