birding-aus

Stop quibbling - get spotting - Chiltern Track Sydney 14 April 2013

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Stop quibbling - get spotting - Chiltern Track Sydney 14 April 2013
From: "Wilsons" <>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2013 21:55:04 +1000
Hi All
interesting - when I check birding-aus at 9:45pm after (in Sydney at least) a stunning autumn day, there was 1 post on birds seen and loads on spelling (and after reading two, it seemed to me to be a rerun of a thread from not too long ago anyway) - rather than having a bex and a lie down, perhaps we can get out birding? So here's a second post - I walked the Chiltern Track in Sydney's northern suburbs this morning and saw 12 species of honeyeater. Nothing special or unexpected, but the birds were busy and vocal, with little packets of migrants pushing through. The resident Yellow-tufted Honeyeaters were particularly busy and several had their yellow tufts visibly sticking out from their necks - not something I'd ever noticed before. They were stunning in the bright sunlight - definitely one of my favourite honeyeaters. (For the record - Red & Little Wattlebirds, Noisy Miner, New Holland, White-cheeked, White-eared, Yellow-tufted, Yellow-faced, Scarlet, Lewins, White-naped Honeyeaters, Eastern Spinebill.)
Cheers
Tom Wilson