birding-aus

Is there a need for B-Aus/Pedant?

To: Laurie Knight <>
Subject: Is there a need for B-Aus/Pedant?
From: Bob Gosford <>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2013 17:45:01 +0930
Hear, hear!

The amount of crap spouted by some - and I stress some - of the pedants and
nit-to-the-nth-degree-pickers must turn Birding-Aus newbies off in a trice.

I've been a member for many years and find the recent trend to pedantry and
unseemly put-downs of the blissfully ignorant (newbies or otherwise) to be
too close to bullying and arse-hattery for my liking.

More than a few should take a moment and think before they press the 'send'
button.

Birding-Aus - heading towards irrelevance? Maybe.

--
Bob Gosford
Crikey.com