birding-aus

Birdlife Meeting in Bendigo

To: "" <>
Subject: Birdlife Meeting in Bendigo
From: Stuart Dashper <>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 00:45:08 +0000
Dear All,

I was wondering if you could post the message below for me to the BirdingAus
community.

Thanks in advance

Stuart

Stuart Dashper

Inaugural meeting of the Victorian Branches of BirdLife Australia

If you're interested in birds and conservation in Victoria then you won't want
to miss this meeting.

SATURDAY MORNING
The day will start at The All Seasons Hotel, McIvor Road, Bendigo at 10 am with
an early morning tea and a chance to meet or catch up with other Birdlife
Australia members and friends from around Victoria (and just over the borders).
We will then settle in to the conference room to listen to Birdlife Australia's
new CEO Paul Sullivan who will present opportunities for the BirdLife Australia
network to improve bird conservation outcomes, especially in south-eastern
Australia. Amongst others Holly Parsons will talk to us about the Birds in
Victorian Backyards scheme and Euan Moore from the Victorian Conservation
Committee will describe the Important Bird Areas in Victoria projects and how
you can become involved in - if you're not already. The proposed role of
Birdlife Victoria will then be discussed and a short AGM held.
After an included lunch the afternoon session presentations will focus on
landscape scale conservation and the role of volunteers and enthusiasts in
protecting our environment. Amongst other speakers Chris Tzaros will talk about
the role volunteers are playing in the landscape restoration and the return of
threatened woodland birds to the Lerg Hills of north east Victoria and Jenny
Lau our Conservation Officer will be talking to us about some of the major
conservation challenges for Victoria and ways we can improve outcomes for the
birds of Victoria. Finally Gary Oliver will regale us with stories from his
recent attempt to photograph as many birds species as possible in Australia in
one year.

SUNDAY BIRDING
Starting at 8 am on Sunday morning there will be free guided birdwalks for
Meeting Registrants in the Bendigo Region, led by local experts. Bendigo is at
the centre of one of the premier birding regions of Victoria and these guided
walks will show you just how good this area is in Autumn.

For further event information and registration go to
www.birdlife.org.au/locations/all-victoria-statewide<http://www.birdlife.org.au/locations/all-victoria-statewide>
 ring BirdLife Australia (03) 9347 0757 or Stuart Dashper
<> Please note that Registration
has been extended until next Tuesday, April 16th.

Please join us for what will be an outstanding weekend.