birding-aus

White-Throated Needletails at Sydney Olympic Park

To: <>
Subject: White-Throated Needletails at Sydney Olympic Park
From: "Jenny Stiles" <>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 15:29:06 +1100
Hi List,
There must be lots of White-Throated Needletails in Sydney this year, because I
had another sighting this morning at about 8:30am at Sydney Olympic Park,
Homebush, NSW near the entrance from Concord West Station GPS co-ordinates
-33.847429,151.081281. The flock consisted of about 100 birds flying around low
enough that I could hear the SWOOSH as they went past! They were circling
around above the mangroves & nearby lawns. At 10:10 between the brickpit &
Water Quality control Pond I caught sight of 10 birds flying north rapidly GPS
co-ords -33.838305,151.072226
The weather was still, humid and overcast [becoming sunny & warm].