birding-aus

Bird hides

To: "Simon Robinson" <>, <>
Subject: Bird hides
From: "Peter Madvig" <>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 22:55:07 +1100
Hello Simon,
Oh, that's good news. We live in Sydney but often visit the Southern Highlands, and Cecil Hoskins is a special place for us.

There have been some good responses. The Sydney Olympic Parklands, Waterbird Refuge hide has some good features. But indeed, scope tripod usage in a hide is a major consideration. Also, I've seen great bird hides in Southern Africa, where equally important is the APPROACH to the hides...they hide the visitors well before arriving at the hide/or leaving it.

In Ces Hoskins, where is a hide considered to be placed?? I would think about half-way along the path-way to the north of the lakes, and in fact, lower down, so the Platypus can be viewed??

Have a look at this website:- (I'm not a salesman for them, but have looked up this sort of subject before, and happened upon the site). http://www.bird-hide.co.uk/

Cheers
Peter Madvig