birding-aus

Booby at Shorncliffe, Brisbane

To: <>
Subject: Booby at Shorncliffe, Brisbane
From: Stephen Murray <>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 13:30:30 +1000
Conditions have deteriorated to the extent that I wouldn't recommend anyone
coming down to Shorncliffe at the moment. In any case there is very little
visibility across the creek now. I have had another look at the bird. It has
white around the head, neck and shoulders, and dark colouration over the
wings. The bill appears grey or blue-grey. There is no dark mask around the
face.  I am leaning towards Red-footed Booby but my views have been pretty
poor.
Cheers Steve Murray