birding-aus

Inskip Point on Saturday morning?

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Inskip Point on Saturday morning?
From: Bill Stent <>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 16:14:04 +1100
Many thanks to the large number of people who have given me information about Inskip Point and its surrounds. It's been said on many occasions before that Birding-Aus people are super-helpful with information, and I have to agree - brilliant!

Looks like Jan (the non-birding wife) and I will pitch the tent at Rainbow Waters at about 10pm, all the while ducking to avoid the low-flying Large-Tailed Nightjar (and the horrible flying insects). At 5am we'll drive up to the Point and hunt for BBBQ for as long as we can (assuming they don't immediately start running over our feet, of course), and maybe pick up Fairy Gerigone and Beach Stone-Curlews, as well as anything else we can see. On our way back towards Hervey Bay for lunch we will divert south to try for Ground Parrot and King Quail, but these will be pure bonuses if we get them.

After that it's administration time for post Jamboree pick-ups, so birding will get shelved!

Looking forward to it now!

Bill