birding-aus

Is this an outstanding year for crakes and rails forsome reason?

To: "Briding -Aus" <>
Subject: Is this an outstanding year for crakes and rails forsome reason?
From: Neville Schrader OAM <>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 15:42:19 +1100
In NSW maybe the reason for the movement towards the coast can be traced to the many ephemeral wetlands inland that are drying. Especially, so since the heat wave hit last week. It's surprising how fast these shallow wetlands along the Lachlan and Darling Rivers dry out. The birds that have enjoyed a number of floods over the last two years need to move some where. I'm guessing what we are seeing at the moment is part of that dispersal towards the coast.

-----Original Message----- From: David Adams