birding-aus

Birdline Western Australia Weekly Update

Subject: Birdline Western Australia Weekly Update
Date: 31 Dec 2012 01:32:13 +1000

Birdline Western Australia

Published sightings for the week ending 30 Dec 2012.

Sat 29 Dec Square-tailed Kite Lake McLarty, Western Australia
Single Square-tailed Kite hunting over the trees on the far side of the lake from Mills Road access.
John Barkla and Alison Street

Fri 28 Dec Pectoral Sandpiper & Wood Sandpiper North Lake, in Perth suburb of North Lake, Western Australia
2 Pectoral Sandpipers & 4 Wood Sandpipers
John Barkla and Alison Street

Sat 22 Dec Grey Honeyeater S 29 11.121' E 118 10.979' between Youanmi Downs and Paynes Find, Western Australia
After searching numerous sites north-west from Menzies, we had a single Grey Honeyeater in the tree next to our lunch spot. Also saw Pied and Brown Honeyeaters here.
John Barkla and Alison Street

Fri 21 Dec Crimson Chat Menzies-Diemals Road, Western Australia
Twelve Crimson Chats 5 km east of the entrance to Riverina Station on the road between Menzies and Diemals.
John Barkla and Alison Street

Wed 19 Dec Australian Bustard Eyre Highway, 5km east of Cocklebiddy, Western Australia
Our elation at seeing a Bustard within five metres of the highway was diminished when we realised a second Bustard was dead on the road close by. We wonder whether they were the pair which we had seen at the top of the escarpment on the road to Eyre Bird Observatory in January 2012.
John Barkla and Alison Street

Tue 18 Dec Blue Bonnet (race narethae) Old Coach Road just west of WA/SA border, Western Australia
A pair of Naretha Blue Bonnets seen on the Old Coach Road, north of Eucla, soon after crossing into WA. We accessed the Old Coach Road from the Old Eyre Highway in SA.
John Barkla and Alison Street

Birdline Western Australia is sponsored by Eremaea Birds and co-ordinated and hosted by Eremaea Birds.