birding-aus

birding-aus Digest, Vol 81, Issue 35

To: "" <>
Subject: birding-aus Digest, Vol 81, Issue 35
From: brendan cook <>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2012 13:39:37 +1100
Greg can you please explain what leads you to believe that the BNS and APS were
victims of an unlicensed take of protected wildlife???

Brendan Cook

Message: 6
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2012 13:50:56 +1000
From: "Greg Roberts" <>
To: <>
Subject: Black-necked Stork,    Painted Snipe killed on
   Sunshine Coast

An adult female Black-necked Stork and an Australian Painted Snipe have been
found dead along the southern shore of Ewen Maddock Dam on the Sunshine
Coast. It is likely that both birds were shot.  The two species are rare in
south-east Queensland. Unfortunately, in my experience, the Queensland
Department of Environment and Heritage Protection has in the past ignored
representations made to it about the welfare of rare birds. I found the dead
stork today in the area that it had been frequenting for several weeks.

On a more positive note, today I saw the Black-tailed Native-hen that I
found at the dam 6 weeks ago, along with an Australian Little Bittern and
two Spotless Crakes.

More here:http://sunshinecoastbirds.blogspot.com.au/

Greg Roberts

 _____