birding-aus

Buff-breasted Sandpiper.

To: "'Birding-Aus'" <>
Subject: Buff-breasted Sandpiper.
From: "Tony Russel" <>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 16:57:55 +1030
Went up to Price today with Trevor and Hazel Cowie and Enid Pascoe to look
for the Buff-breasted Sandpiper reported again yesterday. We met John Fennel
at the reception area who said he'd seen the bird earlier today ( and gave
us some idea of where he'd seen it). We went through the induction and
proceeded out towards the site, meeting Peter Waanders and Helga on the way.
It only took about ten minutes the find the Sandpiper and had some good
views of it and some pictures were taken by Helga, Peter, and Trevor. It was
very actively feeding, sometimes on the tracks and sometimes on the narrow
little rocky mudflats at the edges of the levy banks. Ticks for the others
but not for myself as I saw the Bundaberg one a few years ago, but nice to
see one again.

Tony