birding-aus

Birdline South Australia Weekly Update

Subject: Birdline South Australia Weekly Update
Date: 22 Oct 2012 01:31:46 +1000

Birdline South Australia

Published sightings for the week ending 21 Oct 2012.

Sun 21 Oct Spotted Pardalote (Mallee form), other birds Pooganook CP
Sue and I arrived too late to go into Gluepot so we had a look at Pooganook, it seems to be in great condition at the moment.
John and Sue O'Malley

Thu 18 Oct Chestnut-breasted Whiteface, Banded Whiteface, Cinnamon Quail-thrush, Thick-billed Grasswren Stuart Highway, 12 km south of Coober Pedy
Super afternoon birding en route to Darwin for three weeks of intensive birding. 6 Chestnut-breasted Whitefaces, 3 Cinnamon Quail-thrush, 2 Banded Whiteface, 1 Black Falcon and 4 Thick-billed Grasswrens.
Edward Smith

Wed 17 Oct Western Grasswren Whyalla Conservation Park
Sue and I observed several of these shy birds over two days, along with Mulga Parrots, Port Lincolns, Slender-billed Thorn. and etc. Met a lovely local Birdo from Adelaide Andy, he keeps an eye out for the birds regularly.
John and Sue O'Malley

Tue 16 Oct Blue-breasted Fairy Wren LK.Gillies Conservation Park
Sue and I observed these beautiful birds several days earlier in the SW of WA and here again in SA at this wonderful birding spot. Heard Rufous Treecreeper, observed Southern Scrubrobin and many other birds here.
John and Sue O'Malley

Mon 15 Oct Australasian Pipit Adelaide Parklands
Seen in undulating flight over rough grassland near the S end of Victoria Park at 8am. I observed similar behaviour in this area a few years ago earlier in spring.
Kelvin Sparks

Eyrean Grasswren, Cinnamon Quail-thrush, Gibberbird, Letter-winged Kite, Black-breasted Buzzard Strzelecki track
A pair of Eyrean Grasswrens in Merty-Merty. Cinnamon Quail-thrushes at various places. A Gibberbird on the main Strzelecki track. A pair of Black-breasted Buzzards nesting and a pair of Letter-winged Kites nesting.
Peter Waanders

Nullarbor Quailthrush North of the Nullarbor Hotel/Motel
Sue and I observed this bird about 8km north of the Nullarbor Roadhouse. It flushed twice and evaporated couldn't get it on the ground. Other birds seen, Red Capped Robin, Slender-billed Thornbill, WW Fairy Wren etc.
John and Sue O'Malley

Thu 11 Oct Bourke's Parrots and Ground Cuckooshrike. 130 km N of Port Augusta along highway.
Cuckooshrike on nest . it is suspected that the parrots are tending to a nest as well. Both species were photographed at the site.
Edward Smith

Birdline South Australia is sponsored by Eremaea Birds and co-ordinated and hosted by Eremaea Birds.