birding-aus

Rainbow Lorikeet bullies Magpie

To: brian fleming <>
Subject: Rainbow Lorikeet bullies Magpie
From: Allan Richardson <>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2012 11:44:36 +1100
As a boy I kept parrots and size does not matter - nothing stands up to a
rainbow in a mixed collection that I've seen yet - rosellas are territorial,
pugnacious, bossy and will bite each others toes off through wire in adjacent
cages, but no match for and give way to rainbows.

The magpie incident is interesting, as I haven't seen rainbows and magpies
interact, but I'm not surprised......

Allan Richardson
Morisset NSW