birding-aus

Nominate Little Egret at WTP on Birdline

To: Robert Inglis <>, Birding Aus <>
Subject: Nominate Little Egret at WTP on Birdline
From: Niven <>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 23:06:21 +1000
The thing that made me wonder about any geographic variation in the soles
of the nigripes feet in breeding plumage was that all of the Top End birds
I'd managed to get to lift their feet had (completely and uniformly) dark
soles, where HANZAB says the soles in breeding birds are 'straw-yellow',
which seems reasonable given the colour in non-breeding. It may be that the
HANZAB reference is a bit of a red herring?