birding-aus

Overwintering Wandering Tattlers photo gallery.

To: "Birding-Aus" <>
Subject: Overwintering Wandering Tattlers photo gallery.
From: "Robert Inglis" <>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 08:45:49 +1000
I have uploaded a new gallery of images of Wandering Tattlers to my Website
http://www.photos-n-guides.com/index.html.
The images are mainly of birds overwintering on the Sunshine Coast, SE
Queensland, that is, remaining in the non-breeding grounds during the breeding
season.
There are also images of breeding adults and a juvenile which had recently
returned from the breeding grounds.
The overwintering images are provided to give examples of the range of plumages
commonly seen on such birds. It should be noted, though, that my images don’t
include any birds in full breeding plumage. However, as evidenced by recent
postings from Greg Roberts and Steve McBride, full breeding plumaged birds have
been recorded on the non-breeding grounds in Queensland and New South Wales
during the breeding season.
The images of recently returned Wandering Tattlers are provided to give
examples of the extremely worn state of the plumage these birds have when they
arrive here after their long journey.

The gallery of images can be found at
http://www.photos-n-guides.com/html/overwintering_wandering_tattlers.html

Or by following the path from “Bits and Bobs” >“Shorebirds” > “Overwintering
Wandering Tattlers”
or by looking for “Overwintering Wandering Tattlers” in “Quick find index”.

Don’t forget to refresh the web browser if the new pages can’t be seen (press
the P in the address bar at the top of the browser page).

Bob Inglis
Sandstone Point
Qld
Australia