birding-aus

Duck shooting in NSW - Private Members Bill introduced today

To: Chris Gregory <>
Subject: Duck shooting in NSW - Private Members Bill introduced today
From: Carl Clifford <>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 18:16:11 +1000
Chris,

I heard from contacts some months back that this Bill was on the way. Wasn't
expected to rear it's nasty little head till early next year. It must have been
brought forward so as to be able to ram it through Parliament before a court
case involving one of the Shooter's & Fisher's Party goes to a hearing.

The bill's passing is regarded as fait accompli by the Game Council, it seems.
Seeing as the S&Ps have the NSW Government by the short and curlies. I would be
very careful about planning any in field demonstrations against duck shooters,
as there are similar "non interference" provisions as in the legislation
governing hunting in National Parks planned for duck hunters. There are severe
penalties being pushed for by the S&Fs, for those who "interfere" with duck
hunters.

Carl Clifford