birding-aus

Downloading sound files from Xeno Canto

To: "John Harris" <>, "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Downloading sound files from Xeno Canto
From: "Rosemary Royle" <>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 12:21:07 +0100
Exactly how to get it to work depends on what operating system and version you
have on your PC. For a while we could not get it to work at all and had to
contact Xeno-Canto support!!

We have Windows XP and Internet Explorer 8 with Windows Media Player (no iTunes)

If you simply click on the little "Save" symbol (a floppy disc) then on this
configuration it does not Save directly but fires up Media Player and plays the
track.  However, from within Media Player you can then stop it playing and
then, from within Media Player, simply do "File, Save as .." and you can save
the mp3 file wherever you want.

A simpler alternative is to Right-click on the Disc symbol and select "Save
Target as ....".

These seem to work at present!

Rosemary Royle
Wales, UK