birding-aus

RFI: Ku-ring-gai area or close-by

To: "'Ákos Lumnitzer'" <>, <>
Subject: RFI: Ku-ring-gai area or close-by
From: "Carl Weber" <>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 22:20:49 +1000
Hi Ákos,

Chiltern Trail is a good one for birding in Ku-ring-gai Chase NP. I saw
Chestnut-rumped Heathwren there a couple of weeks ago. It is also good for
several honeyeater species, but not tawny-crowned. Other trails which can be
good are the Waratah and Beirne. Also check out Salvation Creek and around
West Head for black-cockatoos (yellow-tailed and glossy). This time of year
can be good for swift parrot in flowering eucalypts.

Good luck,

Carl Weber