birding-aus

Maddening Boobooks

Subject: Maddening Boobooks
From: Tony Keene <>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2012 19:00:19 +0930
I'm vainly trying to break 300 birds for the year for Australia without my own transport and at least three times a week for the last month I can hear a 'tick' calling to me from across the semi-birdless wasteland that is the Adelaide suburbs. Either it's too distant to catch up with before it clears off, or I can't find the torch, or it's half-midnight and it's woken me up, or a combination of the above. Eitherway, I'm getting close to designing some sort of stun ray that blankets a wide area, holding the birds still until I've located it. As such, I'm nominating that the Adelaide suburbs population be elevated to a full subspecies: /Ninox novaeseelandiae enragus/.
Cheers,

Tony (264 and counting...)

www.tonykeenebirds.co.uk