birding-aus

Western Gerygone at Wperfeld?

To: Patrick Scully <>, "" <>
Subject: Western Gerygone at Wperfeld?
From: Tim Dolby <>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 05:44:20 +0000
Hi Patrick,

Yes, I've recorded Western Gerygone at Wyperfeld, in the mallee woodland at the
beginning of the Desert Walk. They are clearly uncommon in the park - I've only
seen them once (April 2002). I've also recorded Western Gerygone in the Little
Desert, at Whimpy's (April 2004), another site that's out of their normal range.

Both reports were in April, so it may be that they were on the wander as part
of their winter migration. (They should've turned right at Lake Albacutcha!)

So, to answer your question, yes, you may well have seen Western Gerygone at
Wyperfeld. Nice report.

Hope this helps,

Tim Dolby