birding-aus

Update Eastern Yellow Wagtail, Wagtail Way, Ash Island, Newcastle/Hexham

To: birding-aus <>
Subject: Update Eastern Yellow Wagtail, Wagtail Way, Ash Island, Newcastle/Hexham, NSW
From: Nikolas Haass <>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 07:04:52 -0700 (PDT)
Hi all,

Just a quick update: This afternoon there was still one Eastern Yellow Wagtail
at Wagtail Way, Ash Island, Newcastle/Hexham, NSW. Nearby there was an
Australasian Pipit checking out its northern relative. Also of note were three
White-fronted Chats (male, female and juvenile). Finally, there was one briefly
and distantly singing Mangrove Gerygone near the parking lot at the entrance.

Cheers,

Nikolas

P.S. This makes three Motacilla species in just over a week for me: Grey
Wagtail, White Wagtail (the former in, the latter above my parents' backyard in
Mannheim, Germany) and now Eastern Yellow Wagtail in NSW.

P.P.S. Two more binocularless side effects of my business trip to Germany were
two flocks of migrating Common Cranes and a female Eagle-Owl (all during a 10
minute walk in the dark between my conference venue and my hotel in Marburg,
Germany).