birding-aus

Earthflight

To: "Birding-Aus Aus" <>
Subject: Earthflight
From: "Tony Keene" <>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 12:05:46 +0100
I've never really understood this redubbing business - it's not as if most
accents are that difficult to understand. There's an Australian kids' show,
Dirtgirl World, which has Australian birdcalls, wildlife and would be pretty
hard to mistake as being set anywhere else, but in the UK, they pointlessly dub
it over. I mean, it's not like Australian accents are hard to understand (and
imagine the horror of having to be a voice-over artist for Home and Away...)
and likewise, most other Anglophone accents aren't that bad. Unless you're from
Birmingham.
 Cheers,

 Tony