birding-aus

Roufous Night Heron dismembering Cane Toads.

To: Del Richards <>
Subject: Roufous Night Heron dismembering Cane Toads.
From: Tom Tarrant <>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 15:45:44 +1000
Did anyone see an episode of QI shown a couple of weeks back? Stephen Fry
mentioned that there was a story of 'exploding' Common Toads (Bufo bufo?)
in the UK,  at the time no-one knew the cause but it turned out that crows
had been doing something similar and 'extracting' their organs and in doing
so they had induced the amphibians to inflate themselves and explode! (well
I think that's how the story went:-))

Tom

--
Tom Tarrant