birding-aus

Birding Lamington N.P.

Subject: Birding Lamington N.P.
From: brian fleming <>
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2012 12:01:54 +1100
Some years back, in very dry conditions, we went to an O'Reilly's Bird Week, including a 4WD trip down Duck Creek Road - my chief memory is of Glossy Black Cockatoos in some dry woodland with casuarinas. Always the possibility that you might find some other birders there at the same time who might also be interested. But last year's appalling floods and this year's very heavy rain will have severely damaged all tracks. Are you camping or staying at guest-house? If the latter you may find good bird-walks available. Ask them. Hope you see the Noisy Pitta. We missed it. We did get Albert Lyrebird and a Marbled Frogmouth, and more bowerbirds (Regent and Satin)than you could shake a stick at.
 Anthea Fleming