birding-aus

Black-winged Petrel, White Tern, False Killer and more: SOSSA pelagic of

To: "'Nikolas Haass'" <>, "'Chris Corben'" <>, <>, "'Paul Walbridge'" <>, "'Alan Gillanders'" <>, "'Raja Stephenson'" <>
Subject: Black-winged Petrel, White Tern, False Killer and more: SOSSA pelagic off Wollongong NSW
From: "Jeff Davies" <>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 21:48:33 +1100
Actually Nikolas I do have a comment on the Jaeger photos, they are
fantastic and thanks Raja for putting them out there for us to look at.
There are surprisingly fewer shots of Arctic off Australia in basic plumage
on the internet compared to the other two species, I guess it's because they
are more of an inshore species while pelagic trips are focused on the
continental shelf drop off zone.

Thanks Nikolas and Raja, cheers Jeff.