birding-aus

New NZ Raptor a hoax!

To: "" <>
Subject: New NZ Raptor a hoax!
From: Carl Clifford <>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 10:35:21 +1100
Sean,

Nobody has been spraying Brown Falcons grey. They have just been out in the sun a lot and faded. Probably a dodgy batch of pigment genes.

Cheers,

Carl Clifford

On 20/01/2012, at 9:26 AM,  wrote:

I don't see what the big fuss is over this story. Exactly this sort of thing has been going on for years in Australia where somebody has been spray painting Brown Falcons grey in the Outback to con gullible birders that there is an actual species out there called Grey Falcon!

I flagged all this in my book "Anoraks to Zitting Cisticola" where I documented how my extensive research into Grey Falcons (more than a dozen unsuccessful stake outs in supposedly "known" locations) proved conclusively that there is no such bird and anyone who has claimed to have seen this mythical creature is either part of the conspiracy (I suspect perpetuated by the Outback Tourism Board to lure in gullible, cash-laden twitchers) or they have been duped by the dodgy spray paint job.

I better sign off now, before "they" trace the computer I am typing this from and send in "their" goons to silence me.

Sean "The Truth is Out There" Dooley