birding-aus

Galapagos/Ecuador RFI

To: <>
Subject: Galapagos/Ecuador RFI
From: "Richard Jenkin" <>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 07:57:19 +1100
Hi all ,and Happy New year

Planning a trip to these destinations next year, and wondering if anyone
that has been has any recommendations or suggestions.

It won't be a hard core birding trip as I only "twitch" in Australia and
relax when I am OS ! J

So far, we have liked the look of the Wild Earth Travel 12 day trip around
the Galapagos  on the yacht TIP TOP IV.

Also looked at the 4 day San Jorge Lodge magic birding circuit tour starting
in Quito which looks good. It doesn't have to be a tour, just a good quality
eco-lodge with birding options.

The dates will revolve around the Galapagos trip, therefore the Ecuador
component would need to fit around that ,and be no more than a week. This
would make outside birding tour company trips very hard to co-ordinate the
timing.

Thanks in advance for any help and advice.

Cheers

Dick

Lynn and Dick Jenkin

Tashkent Friesians