birding-aus

BBC story - capitalising bird names

Subject: BBC story - capitalising bird names
From: Mark Stanley <>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 19:58:02 +0800
I noticed that the article in the link supplied by David uses lower-case
letters for the Spoon-billed Sandpiper's name and I recall this issue being
raised before on birding-aus.  Has anyone found out why the BBC takes this
approach? I have asked them myself but not very hopeful of a response.

Mark Stanley

Message: 3