birding-aus

Oriental Plover, Oriental Pratincole, Littlle Curlew all on one small pa

To: "Birding-aus" <>
Subject: Oriental Plover, Oriental Pratincole, Littlle Curlew all on one small patch in Edmontan TNQ at the same time
From: "Wendy" <>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 18:08:08 +1000

".... Sure enough as soon as we found our plover, we then noticed the prat very closeby. ...."

Should you be calling your mate that!!??

wendy

Happy Boxing Day to all... Myself & very good birding friend Adam Arnold, this morning had the pleasure of finding a single Oriental Plover at the local turf farm in Edmonton, approx 15kms south of Cairns. As far as turf farms go, this one is very small & probably only covers an area of about 15-20 acres, if that. We had gone there to have a look at the lone Oriental Pratincole discovered there on 24/12 by another local mate, Dom Chaplin. Sure enough as soon as we found our plover, we then noticed the prat very closeby.