birding-aus

Tasmanian pelagic trip

Subject: Tasmanian pelagic trip
From: Chris Watson <>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 16:33:02 +1100
G'day all,

I've organised a pelagic out of Eaglehawk Neck (a bit over an hour from
Hobart) on the 3rd of January 2012. This trip has nothing to do with the
Birdlife Australia pelagics that are run by Rohan Clark, except that Rohan
has been kind enough to put me in touch with the same boat and crew that
conducts those trips.

The boat leaves about 7am and we'll be out until sometime in the afternoon.
The cost is $110 per person - I'm happy for you to pay me cash on departure
as long as you can guarantee your attendance as cancellations result in
others having to cover the difference.

Places are filling quickly, but there are still 4 spots left. Myself and at
least three other participants are from Alice Springs. We are giant bird
nerds but we have a significant deficit of dedicated seabird smarts. Anyone
would like to come along and provide a modicum of credibility to any
reports that we make would be most welcome. (We don't get puffins, right??)

Please contact me off-list if you're going to be down in Tassie and are
interested in coming along on what should be a great day of seabirding.
Judging by the records that have been coming in from other pelagics
recently, just about anything could show up!

Emailing this address will reach me, but I only check this account once a
day if I'm lucky. Feel free to call me on my mobile number 0419 358 942
where, even if I can't answer, you can leave me your details and I'll get
back to you.

Have a great (insert chosen end of year celebratory holiday period name
here) and I hope to see some of you in Tassie or elsewhere around the traps
in 2012.

Cheers,

Chris Watson
Currently in Melbourne,